2 cups crimini mushrooms
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Use a moistened kitchen or paper towel to rub of any dirt from the mushroom caps. Note: Do not rinse the mushrooms! They are extremely absorbent and will soak up the water, which will dilute their flavor taste. The wet towel technique works just fine.
- Place the whole mushrooms, top side down, on a baking sheet.
- Strip leaves from rosemary stems.
- Drizzle mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened and are beginning to brown.
- Before serving, drizzle all the mushrooms evenly with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!