This creamy delicious dip, originally from the Middle East, is a easy to make, clean, and healthy food. The main ingredients to make hummus are mostly “super foods”: chickpeas, sesame paste, garlic, and olive oil.
Hummus’s main ingredient, give you protein, good-for-you carbs, and fiber. Like other members of the legume family, they routinely top lists of the world’s healthiest foods.
Eating more plant foods is good for you. People who make that a habit are less likely to get certain diseases. Of course, lots of things affect your health — there’s no miracle food — but a little hummus wouldn’t hurt.
- Rich in fiber, Hummus can help regulate your digestive tract, also preventing heart disease;
- High in protein, Hummus can help improve your bone, muscle, skin, and blood health;
- Rich in calcium, it helps contribute for bone health, helping your bones grow stronger;
- Great source of iron, it helps combat anemia, because the iron helps deliver oxygen to red blood cells.
- Made from chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, they have nutrients that can help lower cholesterol.
- Another common benefit of beans in general is that they have cancer preventing properties.
Easy Hummus Recipe
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 drops sesame oil, or to taste(optional)