Proven Health Benefits of Garlic
1. Garlic is low in calories and very rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients, such as Seleniu, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Iron and Vitamin B1.
2. Garlic can combat sickness, and help prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
3. The active compounds in garlic can reduce blood Pressure. In some instances, supplementation can be as effective as regular medications.
4. Garlic improves cholesterol levels, which may lower the risk of heart disease.
5. Garlic contains antioxidants that may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
6. Garlic may help you live longer. Garlic has known beneficial effects on common causes of chronic disease.
7. Athletic performance can be improved with garlic supplementation. It was traditionally used in ancient cultures to reduce fatigue and enhance the work capacity of labourers.
8. Eating garlic can help detoxify heavy metals in the body. At high doses, the sulfur compounds in garlic have been shown to protect against organ damage from heavy metal toxicity.
9. Garlic may improve bone health. Garlic appears to have some benefits for bone health by increasing estrogen levels in females, but more human studies are needed.
The minimum effective dose for therapeutic effects is one clove eaten with meals, two or three times a day.
Source: Authority Nutrition