- 1 cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and diced into small pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon favorite all-purpose seasoning, divided
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (either Cheddar or mozzarella will work)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs (plain will work, but panko is recommended)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal (optional)
- Place the water into a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower to the water. Cover with a lid, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Let the cauliflower cook for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the water, and let the cauliflower cool for about 10 minutes.
- Before mashing, again drain any excess moisture from the pan. Add the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the seasoning.
- Using a potato masher, begin mashing the florets just like you would mashed potatoes.
- Add the Cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese. Mix together.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, flax meal (if using), the remaining ¼ teaspoon of the seasoning, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of the Parmesan cheese.
- Using your hands, begin forming balls with the cauliflower mixture, approximately 1 to 1½ inches in diameter.
- Roll each ball in the bread crumb mixture, then place it on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the cauliflower mixture is gone.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until the bread crumbs begin to turn golden brown.
- Serve on a platter with your favorite sauce, such as honey mustard or creamy ranch.
Enjoy your Cauliflower Balls as a snack, appetizer, or just a teaser!
This and other recipes you can find at Momables!